Are you looking for some car maintenance tips Do you find it pretty hectic to maintain your car? If the answer is a yes, then you have come at the right place. Maintaining your car can be very hectic, and you’ll have to give regular visits to your car service centers, to keep your car in good working condition.
Maintaining your car becomes all the more important when you don’t use it very often. As when the car isn’t used often, the engine tends to get corrupt. Hence, affecting your driving experience. Moreover, maintaining luxury and sports cars can even drain your budget. Don’t worry, we’ve assembled here, a few car maintenance tips which anyone can handle quickly and easily, with minimal expenses.
- Firstly, carefully remove your battery terminals. Be careful that you are removing the negative cable first. Use a flat head screwdriver to pry them loose, if they are stuck
- You must then clean the posts. Even Coca-Cola will work. But use a more professional product. You must know that these solutions are nothing more than just baking soda and water. So feel free to prepare your own cleaner. Clean the post vigorously using a wire brush
- Then rinse the cleaning fluid with some water
- Use some rags to clean dry the post
- Now, you can easily replace the battery terminals
With this, you’ve successfully increased your battery life, at home, in just a matter of 20 minutes. This will cost you not more than $5.
Before you start changing your car’s oil filter, you must know some safety precautions that are to be taken while changing the oil filter.
- Do not try to change your oil filter when the engine is hot
- You’ll be required to jack up your car. So ensure that you are comfortable in handling a jack safely
Now you may follow the below steps to change the oil filters.
- Check for the oil pan under your car
- Carefully unscrew the drain plug and then drain out all the old oil
- After the oil is completely drained out, you can then replace the drain plug
- Then go to your engine and remove the old oil filter with an oil filter wrench
- Lubricate the rubber gasket on the new oil-filter. Use some new motor oil for lubricating
- Fill the new oil filter with new oil, about two-thirds of the way
- Then carefully crew in the new oil filter
- You will then have to refill the engine with new oil. Use a funnel .
- Double-check your oil level with a dip-stick.
Finally, you’ve got your oil filter replaced in 30 to 45 minutes. It will cost you only $20.
Well, you can easily replace your air filter yourself, at home in just about ten minutes.
- Firstly, find where your filter is. It is located under the hood of your car, in a black rectangular box having metal clips on the side.
- Then, open up your filter’s casing, and see the way the air filter fits inside it. Also check in which way is your filter facing.
- Then quickly remove the older air filter, and replace it with a new one. Make sure you install it exactly how the older one was
- Don’t forget to close the metal clips after you have switched the old air filter with a new one
That’s it. You have successfully enhanced the life of your air filter in just 10-15 minutes. And it will cost you not more than $10
The Wiper blade setup varies a little bit from car to car. This means, that you may have to follow different steps according to your car manual. Generally speaking, this procedure is similar to that undertaken while installing your air filters.
- Firstly, carefully lift up the blades. Lift them in a similar manner as if you are cleaning your windshield by hand. And then carefully remove the old blades
- You must make note of how the older blades were connected to the metal arms
- In many models, you’ll have a tab on the underside of the wiper. You will simply have to push the tab to remove the old blade
- Finally, install your new blades. Be careful that you do not bend the wiper arms or scratch your windshield. Ensure that the new blades are secure and tight
You’re done. You’ve carefully managed to reinstall your windshield wipers in just 10-20 minutes. This will cost you not more than $10 to $15.